Well I am approaching 1 month here. It is strange, the days go fast but it seems like I have been here a year. The big news item of the week is that I received my promotion letter to LtCol. My leadership at my home base worked to understand the complex system that is promotions and saw fit to figure out a way to make it official. There was a lot effort put forth to track it through the system (Thanks Becky). I am currently wearing the new rank, though I have yet to have my pin on ceremony. The pace of things around here is crazy. I have a pin on ceremony scheduled with Brig General Walsh on Monday. He is the Wing Commander from my base in Baltimore and happens to be here as the Air Commander. There is a little history there, and I have a lot of respect for him so it is great that we were able to work something out. My current leadership has expressed interest in coming as well. It will be small, short and sweet but make for a great photo op – I hope. Pictures to follow.
Not much has changed here. I was hoping for an little change in temperature, but no such luck as of yet. I am settling into the job a little better, but it is still crazy and I am hit with things that I have no idea about every day – but fewer this week than last week.
The picture of the week is a “jingle truck”. These are the trucks driven by local nationals. They are colorfully decorated and have many items dangling from them. They usually have metallic chains hanging from the side and as they drive down the road they ……”jingle”.

Thanks for following along. Please feel free to pass the link along to anyone who may be interested. I will do my best to continue sharing the adventure. Until next time…..
